Our philosophy is to provide campers an opportunity to learn, keep fit and have fun in a safe, exciting and fun-filled environment. Through recognising the uniqueness of each child and young person, SUSF are committed to providing a quality sporting program that allows campers to develop socially, mentally, emotionally and physically.
SUSF recognises the significance of children and young people being involved in engaging and meaningful opportunities. Children are shaped by many experiences and are very capable at supporting one another as well as being resourceful and active contributors in their learning. The result is children who are able to become active members of society and who develop a strong sense of identity and wellbeing.
We teach skills using a game sense approach and emphasise values such as sportsmanship, sharing and cooperation. Our staff members are role models and leaders and are chosen for their welcoming and friendly nature and willingness to provide a caring and safe environment that provides high quality care for children.
The focus of our camps is to introduce and encourage children and young people to participate in sport and fitness by focusing on the following:
- Skill and movement development required to participate in various activities
- Enhancing self confidence and social interaction
- Encourage health & wellbeing by modelling healthy eating habits and by promoting play and leisure
- Emphasise values of friendship and sportsmanship
- Improving the desire to participate, have fun and learn
We are dedicated to providing our campers with professional coaching staff, excellent facilities with low coaching ratios.
And don’t forget camps operate rain, hail or shine!
We also offer our Sports Clinics for young people aged 10 – 17 years old. Offering a chance to develop a keen interest in a new sport or to practice and refine their skills in their current sport of choice.
- High quality facilities. Held on the beautiful grounds of The University of Sydney, SUSF has access to six University ovals, indoor courts, outdoor courts, martial arts dojo, group fitness studio, gymnasium, dance hall and more!
- Variety of activities – SUSF has between 15-20 different programs, with the option of a Multi Sport for a unique sports-sampling experience
- Professional, experienced and friendly staff. Our staff are either qualified teachers, are athletes themselves, are experts in the activity or all of the above.
- Low coach/camper ratios (approximately 1:12) to create great connection and care.
- Camps based on structured and proven skill level development programs.