Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness offers FREE Water Safety classes for University of Sydney students throughout Semester 1 and 2.
Water and beach culture are part of the Australian lifestyle, however if you haven’t had the opportunity to learn these skills, our 7-week program of 1 (one) 45-minute class per week will help you to learn basic water skills, stroke and water survival skills in a safe and friendly environment.
Participants will receive a free Sydney Uni swim cap, regular attendees will also receive FREE USYD merchandise (water bottles, T-shirts and towels)
Students will have FREE access the pool to practice whilst enrolled.
The program will culminate in a Coastal Walk from Bondi to Bronte, Surf safe seminar at Bronte Surf Lifesaving Club and a picnic lunch. Transport to and from the event will be provided.
Semester 2, 2022 registrations open Friday 22 July
Program runs Tuesday 9 August – Sunday 24 September
Classes are run every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Program enrolment is for the same day and time each week
Semester 2 start date Monday 8 August
- 9:30 am to 10:15 am
- 10:15 am to 11:00 am
- 11:00 am to 11:45 am
- 11:45 am to 12:30 pm
Sunday (limited availability)
- 12:30 -1:15pm
- Please note this program is only available to currently enrolled USYD Students & student ID number must be provided
- Students will self-assess their ability based on the following descriptors:
- Level 1 – No experience – I have never been in a pool in my life
- Level 2 – Beginner – nervous, I do not know how to move when unable to stand
- Students may submit one (1) expression of interest only for an ability level/day/time period (duplicate expressions of interest will be removed).
- There is an expectation of 70% attendance
- Transfers can only occur within the first 2 weeks of program
- No makeup classes will be provided.
- Learn the necessary skills needed to be safe in the water & develop swimming stroke technique that you can continue for a lifetime
- Whole body workout with many physical and mental health benefits – as well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit and make friends
- Free SUSF Swim Cap and certificate of achievement