Learning to swim is challenging yet very rewarding.
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness offers FREE Water Safety classes for University of Sydney students throughout Semester 1 and 2.
Registrations for Semester 1 are now CLOSED.
This 5-week program of 1 (one) 45-minute class per week will allow students who have no or limited experience with the water to learn basic water skills, stroke and water survival skills in a safe and friendly environment. See all program information below.
NON MEMBERS – Must first set register below. You will then receive an email confirmation with your Member ID and PIN number allowing you to book your watersafe class online.
SUSF MEMBERS – Register below.
Classes are run every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Tuesday, 4 May – Thursday, 3 June
- 9:15am to 10:00am
- 10:00 am to 10:45am
- 10:45 am to 11:30am
- 11:30 am to 12:15pm
- Please note this program is only available to currently enrolled USYD Students & student ID number must be provided
- Students will self-assess their ability based on the following descriptors:
- No water experience – I have never been in a pool in my life
- Beginner – nervous, I do not know how to move when unable to stand
- Intermediate – I am able to move in water deeper than my height
- Students may submit one (1) expression of interest only for an ability level/day/time period (duplicate expressions of interest will be removed).
- Learn the necessary skills needed to be safe in the water & develop swimming stroke technique that you can continue for a lifetime
- Whole body workout with many physical and mental health benefits – as well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit and make friends
- Free SUSF Swim Cap and certificate of achievement