This weekend the Students of Sydney University Football Club (SUFC) welcome the Manly Marlins to the Birthplace of Australian Rugby, Sydney University No. 1 Oval.
The 1st Grade sides will play for the Services Shield, as Sydney University looks to honour the men and women who dedicate their lives to serving Australia and the community through our Emergency Services and the Defence Force.
The 1st Grade game promises to be a brutal affair with both teams fielding large, mobile packs and dynamic and talented backs.
“The strength in the top six competition is evident in the close results each weekend,” said Head Coach Todd Louden.
“Manly have won their last two games by just two points (Eastwood and Southern Districts), our game this Saturday will go down to the wire, as did our game last weekend against Norths.”
“Manly have proven that they are one of the front runners in this year’s competition and they have shown their strength by winning both at home and away, it is going to be a gladiator battle this weekend and the Uni players are looking forward to the challenge,” said Todd Louden.
Entertainment and activities to celebrate Services Day will start from 11:00am, with a Fire and Rescue NSW performance before the main game and a demonstration shown at half time. (Click Here to see the half time entertainment from our 2011 Services Day!)
The day’s attractions will also include:
• NSW Police – highway patrol vehicles, police horses
• Fire & Rescue NSW – fire truck, band and marching girls
• Ambulance Service of NSW – ambulance, ambulance responder, ambulance motorbike
• NSW Rural Fire Services
• State Emergency Services (SES)
• Roads & Maritime Services
• Sydney University Regiment
• Navy, Army & Air Force personnel
GRADE GAMES – Saturday 28th July – University No. 1 Oval
– 5th Grade: TBC
– 4th Grade: 10:55am
– 3rd Grade: 12:10pm
– 2nd Grade: 1:25pm
– 1st Grade: 3:10pm
COLTS GAMES – Saturday 28th July
– Colts 3: 9:45am v Southern Districts – St John’s Oval, Sydney University
– Colts 2: 1:35pm v Manly – Manly Oval
– Colts 1: 3:00pm v Manly – Manly Oval