Cardio Tennis is a fun, social, group tennis-fitness program for people of all ages and abilities. Join in the fun at the Sydney Uni Sports & Aquatic Centre tennis courts every Monday night between 7-8pm!
You don’t have to be Rafael Nadal or Sam Stosur to enjoy the energising workout that is Cardio Tennis. Constant movement is the focus as a Tennis Australia qualified coach guides you through a series of fun and heart-pumping drills that cater for all abilities and fitness levels.
A true Cardio Tennis session comprises six key components. They include:
• Warm-up, cardio segment (drill-based and play-based activities) and cool down
• Music – 120-150 beats per minute
• Heart rate monitors and regular heart-rate checks
• Low-compression balls
• Cardio burst activities (15-20 second aerobic activities such as agility ladders and footwork activities )
• The coach (energetic, enthusiastic and engaging)
Participants wear heart rate monitors, exercise to music, play with low-compression balls and use a variety of equipment to achieve the perfect workout. And, at the end of your session, you can check your stats on the heart-rate monitor to find out just how hard you worked.
Cardio Tennis is enjoyed best with friends. If you don’t like exercising alone, then you will find Cardio Tennis the perfect motivator. Get a group of mates together or make some new friends in a fun and active atmosphere.
As well as being social, it’s a great way to boost your fitness and lose weight. According to the Tennis Industry Association, during a Cardio Tennis session, women will burn between 300-500 calories, and men will burn around 500–800 calories (on average).
Exercising with a mate, in teams or part of a group offers a whole new dimension to your physical activity and a variety of benefits. Cardio Tennis at the Sydney University Sports & Aquatic Centre tennis courts represents an excellent opportunity to enjoy a great workout in a social environment.
Cardio Tennis, a 10 week Tennis Australia endorsed program, is available at Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness on Monday nights from 7-8pm, beginning Monday January 30.
How do I sign up?
Follow these easy steps:
1) Download the application form by clicking here
2) Complete the form and return it with payment details
- Via fax – 9351 4982;
- Via email – [email protected]; or
- Over the counter at the Sydney Uni Sports & Aquatic Centre
Please note that you must be a current Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness (SUSF) Annual Membership to register for Cardio Tennis.
If you require any further information please email [email protected].