Sydney University students Matthew Mitcham and Alexandra Croak joined elite company at the All Stars Diving Series in China last week.
Mitcham and Croak – along with six other divers from around the world – were invited to compete against China’s top eight divers. But the Sydney University students were the only two to accept the challenge.
“They invited the top eight divers from around the world, but only Alex and I were brave enough to face them,” Olympic gold medallist Mitcham said.
It has been a full on schedule for the Australian duo, who recently competed at the Australian Championships.
Mitcham won a multitude of accolades at the National Championships including;
- Gold in the Men’s 1m Springboard
- Gold in the Men’s 10m Platform
- Gold in the Men’s 10m Synchro Platform
- Silver in the Men’s 3m Springboard
- Silver in the Men’s 3m Synchro Springboard
He also topped his Olympic final score twice on the 10m Platform and won a surprise bronze on the 3m.
Croak also fared well winning:
- Gold in the Women’s 10m Platform
- Gold in the Women’s 10m Synchro Platform
- Bronze in the Women’s 1m Springboard.
Thomas Rickard has also been doing well in competition of late, and made the Commonwealth Games shadow squad.